Assistant Hydrographic Surveyor - Assistant Project Manager
- Bachelor in Marine Science
- Dive Instructor
- Cert IV Work Health and Safety
- Cert III Hospitality and Tourism
Rebecca has been captivated by the marine world since her first scuba dive in the cold waters of the south coast. A love for warm tropical environments saw her jetset to the Great Barrier Reef working on a liveaboard for 2 years. These experiences led Rebecca to undertake a Bachelor of Marine Science at James Cook University, Townsville. Her studies created a passion for spatial sciences and remote sensing. Rebecca conducted a thesis to evaluate habitat suitability for Qld saucer scallops. This further developed another passion in environmental management.
Rebecca hopes to further her hydrographic knowledge and to gain her Australian Hydrographic Surveyors Certification Panel (AHSCP) Level 2 certification. She readily utilises hydrographic software, Hypack and confidently executes surveys under limited supervision.
Specialist Positions Held
- 2018 – present, Assistant Hydrographic Surveyor – Assistant Project Manager
- 2018 – Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Co-ordinator
- 2017 – 2018 Volunteer science diver on the Great Barrier Reef
- 2011 – 2014 Dive Instructor